ODEI provides campuswide leadership for implementing the strategic plan. This includes:
- Facilitating and supporting progress in all of the university’s schools, colleges and campus units, among them Student Life, Athletics and Michigan Medicine, throughout the plan’s five-year timeline (2016–2021).
- Tracking and reporting in accordance with metrics that were established in the original plan and are being further developed as implementation progresses.
- Conducting university climate surveys on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Serving as a key curator of other institutional data and information on diversity, equity and inclusion. Reporting to and communicating with university leadership and the community at large on progress under the strategic plan.
- Reporting to and communicating with university leadership and the community at large
- Addressing emergent issues and providing leadership on issues and concerns about progress under the strategic plan.