Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Recognition Awards
In Year Five, the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ODEI) continued to collaboratively support and promote several awards recognizing individuals and groups of faculty, staff and students whose efforts have significantly contributed to building a more diverse, equitable and inclusive campus environment. A growing number of schools, colleges and units have also instituted DEI-related awards.
Nominations for DEI recognition awards are widely solicited and publicized through campuswide communications including emails, social media, the University Record and via awards luncheons and other recognition events. These honors include but are not limited to:
- The James T. Neubacher Award for disability awareness and advocacy efforts by faculty, staff, students or alumni
- The Harold Johnson Diversity Service Award for faculty
- The James S. Jackson Distinguished Diversity Scholar Career Award
- The Distinguished Diversity Leaders Award for staff members and staff teams
- The Michigan Medicine DEI Advocate Award