Units across the university have created and continue to create awards recognizing individuals and groups of faculty, staff, and students whose efforts have significantly contributed to building a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive campus environment.
DEI 1.0 Evaluation Update
Nominations for DEI recognition awards are widely solicited and publicized through campuswide communications including emails, social media, the University Record and via awards luncheons and other recognition events. These honors include but are not limited to:
- The James T. Neubacher Award for disability awareness and advocacy efforts by faculty, staff, students or alumni
- The Harold Johnson Diversity Service Award for faculty
- The James S. Jackson Distinguished Career Award for Diversity Scholarship
- The Distinguished Diversity Leaders Award for staff members and staff teams
- The Michigan Medicine DEI Advocate Award
In addition to these and other awards supported by ODEI, a growing number of schools, colleges and units have instituted their own DEI-related awards.
Responsibility: Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion