As part of DEI 1.0 self-evaluations, units were asked to review and update their Y5 Checklist of institutionalized DEI policies, practices and/or standard operating procedures and to indicate constituencies impacted by each formalized policy and practice. The evaluation and assessment team then analyzed all responses and determined the proportion of units that formalized DEI-related policies and practices during DEI 1.0
Key findings include the following:
- Several units engaged policies that promoted innovative and inclusive education, scholarship, research and service
- Academic units were more engaged with policies and practices relevant to the “Products” distal objective than were administrative/service units, a trend evident across outreach activities, assessment practice, community-engaged learning, curricular change and other areas
- Academic units report being more engaged with policies relevant to scholarship, research and service than administrative units, the one exception being units that implemented ADA-compliant policies (40-79% for both unit types)
- Nearly all academic units (80-100%) enacted inclusive teaching practices and incorporated DEI into the faculty annual review process (FAR)
- Most academic units (80-100%) engaged in pipeline programs to support student outreach and recruitment
To learn more about the aggregate analysis of unit policies and practices, please refer to the Unit-level Evaluations and Reflections section of the downloadable DEI 1.0 Evaluation Report. Additionally, each unit’s responses to the domain-specific checklist can be found here [Tableau | CSV].