As part of DEI 1.0 self-evaluations, units were asked to review and update their Y5 Checklist of institutionalized DEI policies, practices, and/or standard operating procedures and to indicate which constituencies were impacted by each formalized policy and practice. The evaluation and assessment team then determined the proportion of campus units that formalized DEI-related policies and practices during DEI 1.0.
Overall, many campus units formalized practices and policies to promote an inclusive and equitable climate. Among the key findings:
- Nearly all academic units (80-100%) enhanced communication and feedback practices for faculty, staff, students and other community members, and many administrative/service units (40-79%) enhanced staff communications
- The majority of academic and administrative/service units (80-100% of both unit types) provided or supported DEI skills training for staff
- Nearly all academic units (80-100%) supported DEI skills training for faculty and students
- In contrast to service units, most academic units organized recognition and awards for staff (80-100%), and many (40-79%) established recognition opportunities for faculty, students and other campus community members
- Both academic and administrative/service units formalized accessibility and accommodations policies for all constituencies (40-79% of both unit types)
- Both unit types engaged in budget practices, conflict resolution and equity review for staff; academic units also applied the policies to faculty and students
To learn more about the aggregate analysis of unit policies and practices, please refer to the Unit-level Evaluations and Reflections section of the downloadable DEI 1.0 Evaluation Report. Additionally, each unit’s responses to the domain-specific checklist can be found here [Tableau | CSV].