In Year Four, ODEI continued to collaboratively support and promote a number of awards intended to recognize individuals and groups of faculty, staff, and students whose efforts have significantly contributed to building a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive campus environment. A growing number of schools, colleges, and units have also instituted DEI-related awards.
Nominations for DEI recognition awards are widely solicited and publicized through campuswide communications such as the University Record as well as awards luncheons
and other recognition events. These honors include but are not limited to:
- The James T. Neubacher Award for disability awareness and advocacy efforts by faculty, staff, students or alumni
- The Harold Johnson Diversity Service Award for faculty
- The James S. Jackson Distinguished Diversity Scholar Career Award
- The Distinguished Diversity Leaders Award for staff members and staff teams
- The Michigan Medicine DEI Advocate Award